Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
- Capitalize holidays, product names, and geographic names.
- Use commas in greetings and closings of letters.
- Use an apostrophe to form contractions and frequently occurring possessives.
- Generalize learned spelling patterns when writing words (e.g., cage → badge; boy → boil).
- Consult reference materials, including beginning dictionaries, as needed to check and correct spellings.
Capitalize holidays, product names, and names of places around the world as you hunt for treasure in this interactive tutorial.
Subject Area(s): English Language Arts, English Language Arts...
Grade Level(s): K, 1, 2
Primary Resource Type: Original Tutorial